Friday, February 18, 2011

Feb-18: Jus' Ridin' Aroun'

Enjoying the Warm Sunshine and Doing an Errand or Two

High temp about 70 Fahrenheit with breezy sunshine.  Warm enough that the fluids in the water bottles got warmer, not COLDER (as has been happening the last 2 1/2 months or more).  A nice taste of Spring ... it will probably turn cold again in a couple days.

Dropped off some control cards from last weekend that I forgot to mail earlier in the week.  Oops.

Was just tooling around when I developed a bump-thump in the rear tyre.  At first I thought maybe my rear wheel was out-of-round, so I headed toward TLC-4-Bikes.  But I soon thought I must have picked up a pebble and it was embedded in the tyre ... I stopped to look ... DANG! ... rear tyre bulging out in two locations.

Some guy in a big pick-up honked at me when I arrived at TLC's parking lot ... it was Lt. Dave and his dog Zeke.   Dave had just dropped off his bike for ... I dunno, really.  Dave said he was coming back in about a few hours to retrieve his bike ... so it couldn't have been anything too much.  Saw Dave's bike in the shop ... it looked great!

Anyway ... a nice day to tool around for a bit.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feb-18: 

Just Riding Around; 29.7 m.; 2 hrs, 12 min in-motion; 13.4 mph. 

Jan tot: __9 rides; __671.4 m.; _46 hrs, 38 min; 14.4 mph.
Feb tot: __4 rides; __357.0 m.; _24 hrs, 32 min; 14.5 mph.
YTD tot: _13 rides; _1028.4 m.; _71 hrs, 10 min; 14.5 mph.
 _

No comments:

Post a Comment