Bob (#5843) was slated to do the PacTour tour of New York's Finger Lakes area the week leading up to the day of the event (Aug-18). (I'm pretty sure that) Bob has the longest active R-streak in North Carolina; he (almost reluctantly) has his eyes on getting to R-120, so we did a pre-ride on Tuesday, August 7th. I was slated to volunteer, mostly helping to set up for the picnic (and tear down after); Bob would join me as a "ride-along" rider. [If you don't understand the concept of "worker's ride" and "ride-along" riders, search around on the RUSA website to see for yourself -- basically, a ride-along rider's purpose is to provide "company" for the pre-riding worker(s).]
How did the actual ride go?
- I did a conservatively paced 19.7-mile ride from my place to Alan's to meet Bob for an 0600 start to the pre-ride. Unlike my Spring 300 pre-ride, I encountered no obstacles requiring a detour en route.
- Bob drove the 45-miles or so from his home to Alan's.
- Alan met us, and we exchanged the requisite paperwork.
- And we went on our way.
- How did the ride go?
- The same as my previous five 200+ km rides, that's how it went.
- So I won't bore you with any details.