Sunday, April 11, 2010

Apr-11: This is a Recovery Ride?

I started about 9:15-9:20 from BJP. When I turned onto MVC, I had ~ 2.5 miles @ 12.4 mph. I laughed.
I saw "the Mallet" climbing out-of-the-saddle while I was descending MVC. "Hey, Paul!" "Hey, Martin!"

Lynn intersected me just after I turned off MVC onto Old Creedmoor. I told her I was VERY slow.
She stayed hooked on until the first little bump, and said "I'll ride ahead and either wait or circle back."
I called back "I may be too slow all day to be of any help -- just ride on if you need to."
When I turned off Leesville onto Doc Nichols, I had 12.4 miles @ 13.2 avg mph. I really laughed at that. 

My legs started feeling better on the DocNichols downslope.
When I got to Olive Branch, Lynn looked to be having a feast. She had about 64 miles at that point. 

We made a plan. I tried to block the wind for her. 
Lynn would stay in my slipstream until a "serious" climb, then she would slide past and turn back at the next stop sign.
I was gradually able to find a higher cadence and pace.

I had a good (Martin) cadence, even on upslopes / uphills, but not a lot pressure on the pedals.
At Old Weaver / New Light, I had 48.1 miles @ 15.0 avg.
Lynn did not want to do Ghoston - Peed - MVC to BJP.
But did want to drop quite a few "6 am" clothes with me instead of carrying them for another 68 miles.
So I finished New Light - Six Forks. Total: 53.4 miles @ 15.0 avg mph. 

300 km in thirteen days. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apr-11: 

BJP:  DocN-BapMarina-Southview-Kemp-Patterson - lake loop - NL/6F finish; 53.4 m.; 3hrs, 33min in-motion time; 15.0 mph. 

Q-1 tot: 16 rides; __938.2 m.; 60 hrs, 38 min; 15.5 mph.
Apr tot: _6 rides; __365.3 m.; 23 hrs, 55 min; 15.3 mph.
YTD tot: 22 rides; 1,303.5 m.; 83 hrs, 34 min; 15.4 mph.  
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I ended up having to do the Roberts Chapel short due to time constraints. RC is a great road and was beautiful and deserted.

    Very interesting misty morning going down to the water at all the lake crossings.

    At one point I was riding along a ridge with low sun on my right and a mist bank on my left. My shadow was clearly visible on the mist bank and it had a raindow halo around it - I'd never seen anything like it.

    68m and home by 10:15. Then off to the races - children's adventure races at Harris Lake Park. I had been press ganged into racing with both Doug and Gillian as Anne had done the Tar Heel 10miler yesterday.

    Cheers,

    Mallet

    ReplyDelete