I prefer the previous template and the look it produced.
But Internet Explorer could not / would not display the blog properly.
Google Chrome did.
And I've seen the blog on an Apple/Mac or two, and the blog displayed properly.
But ... I decided to try changing the template and see if IE would display properly.
There are things, such as the colors of the links, that I don't care for.
I've tried changing the colors of the links, but it didn't "take."
At least now users of IE can see the blog.
(1) Sep-15: Egypt Mtn 210k Perm
Just the "important" points:
- NO DETOUR. The bridge replacement work on Sims Bridge Rd is completed. (At least for this year.)
- Four churches, all seemingly fully attended, in the half-mile leaving Middleburg.
- We each had somewhat tired legs; especially Robert. Therefore, we started a bit slowly. But we picked up the pace and generally made good time.
- Robert reported that his legs finally started to feel good after about 100-miles.
- And ... since I'd indicated that even though we started at 0730, we would likely finish at around 1700. I didn't think we could come close to that when we turned off Egypt Mtn Rd onto Charlie Grissom Rd. However, ...
- We got up the climb away from the Tar River on Green Hill Rd, and then began to ramp up the pace.
- Mt. Olivet Ch Rd is 3.4-miles long. Combined with the shallower incline (AFTER the steep) on Green Hill Rd that is more than 0.6-miles long, that makes a bit more than 4-miles of almost continuous incline. There are a couple of respits in there, but it is a good shallow incline test. We hammered on that.
- Rested a bit on Long Mill Rd, getting to the "Llama House."
- NONE of the llamas / alpacas were visible. No stopping for photos.
- We got to Pokomoke at 1606. I mentioned to Robert that I have done that final 16.2-miles in under an hour a couple times; once in 54-minutes. [I'm not sure he believed me.]
- We had to back off our "finishing pace" somewhat, but we got to the bottom of Ghoston Rd at 1640. I.e., we had covered flattish, but not-flat, 10.3-miles in 34 minutes: that's pretty good for us.
- Robert cajoled me up Ghoston and also up Peed Rd. It helped.
- We finished at 1502, having covered the final 16.2-miles in 56-minutes (and I covered the 4.6-miles of Ghoston-Peed-MVC in approx 18m15s -- that is very good for me). Official elapsed time: 9h32.
- We each rode home.
--> Egypt Mtn 210k Perm -->; 151.6 m.; 9h52 in-motion; 15.4 mph; EM elapsed time: 9h32.
- pre-ride commute: 9.0 m.; 0h34 in-motion; 15.8 mph.
- - EM: 130.7 m.; 8h28 in-motion; 15.4 mph; EM elapsed time: 9h32.
- - - post-ride commute: 11.9 m.; 0h50 in-motion; 14.3 mph.
Q-1 tot: _11 rides; _940.3 m; _64h42; 14.5 mph; 1275 RUSA kms.
Q-2 tot: _18 rides; 2293.9 m; 158h18; 14.5 mph; 3142 RUSA kms.
J-A tot: _12 rides; 1274.3 m; _84h50; 15.0 mph; 1450 RUSA kms.
Sep tot: __5 rides; _554.9 m; _36h05; 15.4 mph; _692 RUSA kms.
YTD tot: _46 rides; 5063.4 m; 343h57; 14.7 mph; 6559 RUSA kms.
xxx, yyy, zzz.