Four did a 66-miler -- a modified Range Road Rover, if I recall correctly.
Two did an 80-miler -- a modified Allensville - Denny's Store, if I recall correctly.
Four did a 100-miler -- the Mayo Lake 100.
(RWGPS maps for each of the above-mentioned routes on the "IR Routes" page.)
Hmmn. April 17, 2010.The central theme of the 2010 ride was to get Iva a county line sprint.
One week after I had done my first ever rando ride -- the Raleigh Region 200k brevet.
One week before I would do my first ever 300k.
On the day I did that 300, April 24th, Ricochet Robert did his first ride as an adult,
Much has changed since then.
- The aforementioned 80-miler has been morphed into a 138-km RUSA perm-pop.
- I've ridden nearly 50-thousand RUSA kms.
- Robert has ridden just over 45-thousand RUSA kms and completed PBP in 2015.
- Iva joined RUSA and rides 2 to 4 pops a year with me -- either as training or just to ride with me.
- I met BobB / NCBob (though technically, I probably met Bob on April 10, 2010) and Bob has ridden in excess of 60-thousand RUSA kms and also ridden x-continent with PacTour.
- Harvey, aka Snapper, aka Cheeta', recently joined RUSA.
- The Mallet has ridden at least two or three brevets and/or brevet-pops as a non-member.
- And the aforementioned 80-miler -- I morphed that into a 138-km RUSA perm-pop. It is my favorite perm route, though it only ranks 3rd or 4th on my list of most ridden perm routes.
- And the Irregulars have become VERY irregular indeed, doing only two to four rides a year instead of riding most every Saturday.
Every rider except Iva was in on the conspiracy to accomplish that.
It was the only way -- a previous attempt where only three had been in the conspiracy had failed.
The central theme(s) of this 2017 ride was very simple: ride, and enjoy it, and celebrate Iva's 70th.
That we did accomplish on a favorite Irregulars route -- the "Shoofly Don't Bother Me."
"We" = IvaHawk, Snapper, Ricochet, NCBob, Mallet, me.
|On Antioch Rd, homeward bound, just south of Oxford. L to R -- Ricochet, Mallet, Snapper, me, IvaHawk. [Photo by NCBob.]|
|Post-ride festivities in the PUE parking lot. L to R -- Snapper, Mallet, Ricochet, IvaHawk. I'm either off-camera or hadn't finished. [Photo by NCBob.]|