Thursday, April 11, 2024

Aug-29-2021: Ponding Along

First, from my Excel log, notes on the route I did ride: 
 
 
I written, er, typed, quite a few times about rides on this route (see above), 
Or more correctly, variations of the route, 
So I'm going to limit this nearly-3-years-late post to the "ponding photos" taken. 
Timestamp 0903 -- note the absolutely calm mirror-like surface of the pond at the corner of Carpenter Pond + Coley roads.  [photo credit to me] 
Timestamp 0932 -- second pond on the ride (or at least the second one I bothered to stop and photograph).  I ought to crop out most of the grassy foreground and it detracts for the image, but I choose to go with the photo as originally snapped.  This pond on the west side of Coley Rd, just south of Carpenter Pond Rd. 
Timestamp 0938 -- the pond at the corner of Carpenter Pond and Olive Branch roads.  I should crop out much to the foreground detritus, but choose not to.  Due the interplay of the sunshine and shadows, it might be difficult to see for sure, but the pond's surface is calm and mirror-like. 
 
I didn't take any more photos during the remaining one-and-a-half hours of the ride. 
But I think I had captured the most interesting vistas along the route ridden this date. 
 
And whether rightly or wrongly, the above is my story, and I'll be sticking to it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment