Early in 2011, I made a commitment to myself to do Irregular rides on Saturdays,
And do the bulk of my rando rides on Sundays.
Q.: How did that turn out?
Research (researching my own Excel ride log -- is that research?):
Automatically generated chart from my 2011 Excel log:
|All rides||# rides||miles||Hours||mph||m. / r.|
A little raz-mattaz in the 2011 log, and:
|rando rides||# rides||miles||Hours||mph||m. / r.|
Hmmn. Seems like quite a few rando rides were on Saturdays.
A little "research" revealed:
- 4 of the Saturday rando rides were in January (there was one (1) IR Saturday ride in January -- and it snowed on us!);
- 3 rando Saturday rides were brevets -- all "Raleigh" brevets were scheduled for Saturdays;
- 2 rando Saturdays were permanents with and during Ricochet's "training for PBP time-frame";
- 1 rando Saturday was a December "Ricochet production" (Robert doesn't usually ride on Sundays);
- 1 rando Saturday was a "Biker Bob production" (Bob rarely rides on Sundays);
- leaving 1 rando Saturday that was a "Martin production".
Looking at "strictly-construed" Irregular rides:
|Irregulars||# rides||miles||Hours||mph||m. / r.|
The lone Thursday was on Thanksgiving Day.
The lone Friday was the day after Thanksgiving Day.
Sometimes, a "not-strictly-construed" Irregulars ride is put together. For arcane historical reasons, I have referred to those as "LT group" rides (even though LT is sometimes not in the group).
|LT groups||# rides||miles||Hours||mph||m. / r.|
So ... "broadly-defined" Irregular rides would be:
|IR + LT grps||# rides||miles||Hours||mph||m. / r.|
I stuck to my commitment to myself, and, although they didn't know it, to the Irregulars.
Irregulars on Saturdays.
Rando on Sundays.
The "Saturday-exceptions" were almost-entirely brevets and invites from other randos (that typically do not ride on Sundays).
(Believe it or not, I chose to NOT publish the chart of the non-rando / non-IR rides by day of the week.)