Friday, March 29, 2013

Long Ago and Far Away

Two years ago today, I rescued my R-series.
That was R-8.
The low and high temps (at RDU) that day were 28F and 62F.
No wind at RDU.  (click here for RDU almanac)
A better almanac entry would be from Wilson, NC.
But I can't figure out how to get one (right now, that is - I've done so previously).

Four days after the R-series rescue, I rode my fastest (elapsed time) 200k ever (to-date).
That was R-9.
The low and high temps (at RDU) that day were 37F and 65F.
The wind information for RDU is MUCH more interesting.  (almanac)


I seem to have become a definite weather weenie the last 3 or 4 months.
It is 36F as I type this - and that seems COLD.
The sun is shining brightly, though.
Third straight day for that.  Nice!


I also used to do back-to-back 200's.
Double-double, as Jayjay refers to such endeavors.

I even did a triple-double once.
Rode all three north Raleigh perms on consecutive days. 
Jul-02, Jul-03, Jul-04. 2011.

Last year, I seldom did any back-to-back days, let alone 3 or 4 days in a row.

I'd like to do a triple-double, again.
We have three on-the-board north Raleigh perms.

No comments:

Post a Comment