In anticipation of tomorrow's 600, here's some numerical trivia questions to contemplate:
- Who has ridden at least one RUSA Raleigh Region Brevet / Brevet-Populaire in the most different years?
- Hint: someone has ridden in 16 different years.
- Who has ridden the in the second most different years?
- Hint: 15 different years.
- Who has ridden the most RUSA Raleigh Region Brevet / Brevet-Populaire events?
- Hint: 55 events, and it isn't either of the above two answers.
- Who are the two people that have ridden the second most different events.
- Hint: 46 events, and one is the same as one of the above.
- What is the lowest RUSA member number to have ever completed at least one RUSA Raleigh Region event?
- And the name?
Note: if the International Randonneurs era (1983 - 1999, and yes, I have it on good authority that IR & RUSA overlapped) rides and years were included, I'd be willing to wager that the person with the most years & most events would be Alan (his first year was 1984), but the IR era information is not readily available.
There was some back and forth as a few people guessed (or knew) the answers, but I'm currently unable to locate the appropriate emails.
Answers originally posted to the NC-rando-list-serve on Jun-16-2016.
Who has ridden at least one RUSA Raleigh Region Brevet / Brevet-Populaire in the most different years?
Answer: Cyndy. At least one event in 16 different years.
Second most different years?
Answer: Mike O'C. 15 different years.Mike has been busy this year with more important stuff, and chose to ride no Raleigh brevets so far this year.
Who has ridden the most RUSA Raleigh Region Brevets?
Answer: MikeD. 55 events, in 14 different years.
Second most events?
Answer: Tie between Cyndy & Jerry. 47 events.
Lowest RUSA # to have completed at least one RUSA Raleigh Region event?
Answer: # 25. I'll let you look that # up on the RUSA website.
Highest RUSA #?
Answer: # 11071. I'll let you look that one up, too.