Thursday, May 28, 2020

Oct-19-2019: Triple-L 205

Let me be up front and absolutely clear on this:
As I type this on May-28-2020, 
I recall absolutely nothing about this ride.

My Excel log indicates that NCBob and started at 0700.
Or at least that was the official start time.
It is possible that we were a few minutes late starting -- I dunno'.

Since I recall nothing from the ride,
The only thing I'll do is post the photos taken and sent to be EPP.

Bob at the first intermediate control -- the gas station / convenience store / burgeoning diner on Red Mill Rd next to I-85.  Timestamp of photo is 0824 -- meaning it took almost an hour-and-a-half to cover the first approx 20-miles.  [photo credit to me]

Second intermediate control.  The gas station / convenience store next to US-501.  Timestamp on photo is 1024 -- meaning two hours between stopping at Red Mill Rd and stopping here.  [photo credit to me]

"Artistic" photo of one of my water bottles atop one of the gas pumps at Leasburg Grocery -- the turn-around control.  If'n U look carefully, U can see a partially hidden Bob in the background.  Timestamped 1214 -- meaning we had covered the approx 24-miles from the Timberlake control in one hour and fifty minutes, stopping time to stopping time.  [photo credit to me] 

A better proof that we got to the turn-around control -- Leasburg Grocery.  Timestamped 1215.  [photo credit to me] 

Timberlake control (next to US-501) on the return.  Timestamped 1413 -- meaning one minute under two hours, stopping time to stopping time, from Leasburg to Timberlake.  I imagine that Bob and I took our time in Leasburg to eat, drink, and rest -- so I imagine we may have had a bit of tailwind on the segment from Leasburg to Timberlake -- but I'm not going to check any weather almanac to confirm that.  [photo credit to me] 

Bikes leaning against the Red Mill control on the return.  Timestamped 1613 -- meaning 2 hours, 3 minutes from Timberlake to here (stopping time to stopping time).  I imagine that we may have taken a few extra minutes at Timberlake, sitting on the bench outside the store.  [photo credit to me] 

Pic of Bob at the finish.  If one is familiar with the finish location, one can assure oneself that this is at the finish location.  If not familiar, you might think it was just a non-descript parking lot.  Timestamped 1801 -- meaning one hour, 45 minutes from the Red Mill control (stopping time to stopping time).  I imagine that I forced Bob to join me in sitting inside the Red Mill control for 15 or so minutes before we undertook the final approx 20-miles.  [photo credit to me] 

I don't know for sure, but I suppose that Bob took the initial EPP photo at the start.
I don't currently have access to said likely photo.
Meh.

Official results:
Permanent Route Name / #DistanceDateFinishersDNF
NC: Leesville-Leasburg-Leesville (L-L-L) / 8312052019/10/1920
Cert#RUSA#NameClub / ACP CodeTime
RUSA-T936205843B__, BobRandonneurs USA / 93309510:58
RUSA-T936216218S__, MartinRandonneurs USA / 93309510:58

I might not have bothered to put up this blog post, but
I had the photos, and
This was the last time either of us rode the Triple-L route before the demise of the Perms program.
[However, as I type this, a revised Perms program is likely to arise soon
From the ashes of the original Perms program. 
Phoenix-like rebirth?]

This was the 19th time I did the Triple-L route for RUSA credit.
I also did the route once "for the fun of it", I guess.
And the first two times I tried this course, I DNF'd.  (June-2010 and July-2010)

This was the 11th time that Bob did the Triple-L route.
I'm pretty sure he never DNF'd on this course,
Nor did he ever ride it "for the fun of it".

 
There was one more successful ride of the Triple-L route before the aforementioned demise.
Our friend Richochet Robert completed the course, solo, on Dec-01-2019.
That, dear readers, was his 95th successful completion of Triple-L.
[Pure insanity!]


Triple-L [or properly, "Leesville-Leasburg-Leesville"] was a popular route:
The first official ride was March 13, 2010.
The last official ride (to-date) was December 01, 2019.
There were 302 completed rides in 159 start groups by 34 different riders.
The average elapsed time for all completed rides was:  10h29.
The fastest elapsed time was:   7h44.
The longest elapsed time was:  13h25.


Thanks to Byron, who completed the route "only" 63 times,
For creating, owning, and managing the route.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment