Thursday, July 9, 2020

May-15: V-50 #6

Coachman's Rd neighborhood to intersect old "TT" course, return same routing
1500 -- 80 F -- used gears -- 2h56 elapsed -- V-50 #6
40.5-miles -- 2:48 in-motion

Same course as for May 3rd V-50 #5
Except that I did May-03 all in 39/15 faux single-speed.
My Excel log notes that the May-03 temps was also 80 F.

[I intended to do today's ride days and days ago, but
LIFE and laziness intervened.]

12 minutes in-motion faster today.
12 minutes elapsed faster today.
My perception is that there was more wind today.

I did stop for two or three minutes to take a photo of a yard-decoration light-house that RUSA #5519 mentioned in late March or early April. At the time, I didn't know where the light house was -- I probably should have (except that since I took up randonneuring 10 years ago, I have seldom / almost never ridden Carpenter Pond Rd).
In late March, double-L suggested that we could ride on Carpenter Pond Rd (from Hickory Grove Rd) to the lighthouse and back to eliminate a "circuit" of Hickory Grove Rd.  I replied that I didn't know where the lighthouse was so she would need to lead the way (which she was usually doing anyway), but she just turned onto Hickory Grove Rd and it wasn't until riding on May-15th that I noticed the lighthouse yard ornament.  [photo credit to me]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment