Monday, December 17, 2012

For Whom Do I Write, er, Type?

I've asked myself that before. 
I've even written a bit about that somewhere in / on this blog previously. 

It started out as being for me and also a sort-of backup of cycling data. 
It morphed into being about and for the Irregulars
Then I took up randonneuring, and the audience changed. 
And I started trying to type with the greater rando audience in mind. 

Somewhere along the way, I lost the knack of writing an Irregular story for the Irregular audience. 
I think I've been making Irregular posts for the larger, amorphous rando world. 
The Irregular posts come out better if I think in terms of the more intimate Irregular world. 
No need to explain inside jokes, etc. -- just type them. 
That is my opinion. 

So ... 
I'm going to try to remember to blog rando-rides with the rando world in part of my mind, 
I'm going to try to remember to blog Irregular ride with Irregulars in part of my mind.
And, of course, I will always try to have myself in at least part of mind.

Will that make a difference in how the write-ups come out? 
I dunno'. 
 ------------------------------------------------------------ 

Assuming they make any posts, IvaHawk and Ricochet Robert will make their posts in whatever voice and for whatever audience they choose. 

The only restrictions on each us of are:  no politics, no religion, and darn little real-world life, 

No comments:

Post a Comment