Sunday, July 11, 2010

Jul-11: Sleepy, and I Lost 2 Bananas

I didn't sleep well. 
A call confirming or cancelling a cycling appointment did not come.
I started from Findley Y just in case the big man-hunt was still in progress.
I had thought to time arrival at the rendezvous point of the non-confirmed / non-cancelled ride at between 6:30 and 6:45 and see what the situation was.

I sort of followed that plan.
The bike seemed almost to be pedaling itself.
Shifting was a dream after having both derailleur cables replaced after yesterday's ride.
But ... I was falling asleep on the bike.

It was almost as bad as the oh-dark-thirty sleepiness I had experienced on my failed 600 km brevet.
But not nearly as bad as the oh-dark-thirty sleepiness I had experienced on my successful 400 km brevet.

I reached Six Forks Rd at 6:48.  Took a big drink, and U-turned to head back to the car, and
To lie down and SLEEP.

I only saw one other cyclist this morning.
Twice.  On Pleasant Union Ch Rd. 
She e-mailed earlier asking if those were my bananas she saw on the road.
Yep.
I had wondered where they had gone missing.
I hope someone enjoyed those bananas (if they were not too damaged).
I was too sleepy to go looking for them.

Oh.  I guessing the man-hunt was successful.
At least I didn't notice the obvious police type vehicle staking out that one particular location on PUC Rd as they have been doing all the last week. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jul-11: 

Findley Y:  a LOT of Carrington and Whitestone - or so it seemed; 14.1 m.; 1 hrs, 4 min; 13.1 mph. 

Q-1 tot: 16 rides; __938.2 m.; _60 hrs, 39 min; 15.5 mph.
Q-2 tot: 31 rides; 2,263.3 m.; 151 hrs, 29 min; 14.9 mph.
Ju1 tot: _8 rides; __419.4 m.; _26 hrs, 37 min; 15.8 mph.
YTD tot: 55 rides; 3,620.9 m.; 238 hrs, 44 min; 15.2 mph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment