Saturday, July 17, 2010

Jul-17: 'Twas the Morning After Sauartown

‘Twas the morning after Sauartown, when all along New Light
Barely a creature was stirring, nary more than a single cyclist. 

I should have been nestled all snug in my bed,
With visions of easy, nine-hour, 16 mph, 200 km Permanents dancing in my head. 

Then in the Purnell parking lot there arose a commotion,
I raised my tired head to see what was the action. 

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a minature peloton of five tiny-bellied randondeer. 

I knew in a moment it must be the Kerr Lake Loop crew. 
More rapid than eagles, their course to chew. 

Now Jerry!
Now, Tim and John O.!
On, BikerBob! On RecumbentLin!

To the edge of the road!
To the crest of the hill!
Now dash away! Dash away!
Dash away all! 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jul-17: 

PUE:  Grissom and back (while the "crew" did the Middleburg Century); 23.1 m.; 1 hrs, 44 min; 13.3 mph. 

Q-1 tot: 16 rides; __938.2 m.; _60 hrs, 39 min; 15.5 mph.
Q-2 tot: 31 rides; 2,263.3 m.; 151 hrs, 29 min; 14.9 mph.
Ju1 tot: 10 rides; __570.4 m.; _37 hrs, 26 min; 15.2 mph.
YTD tot: 57 rides; 3,771.9 m.; 249 hrs, 33 min; 15.1 mph.  

These post-hard ride, tired and sleepy recovery spin-outs and supposed rides are killing my avg pace.  But not me.

You might also expect that a math oriented person could properly copy the total rides, miles, time, and pace from an Excel log into blogger.  Apparently not.

No comments:

Post a Comment