Saturday, September 11, 2010

Blue Ridge Parkway Trip Sep-11 to 17 or 18

Some of you know that Lt. Dave and I, managed by Mrs. Lt. Dave and Lew, LT's dad, intend to ride the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway, starting from the the north end near Waynesboro, VA, on Sep-11 thru about the 17th (depending on weather and our butts).  Since every ride I do goes on the blog, the (now) seven rides will be posted here.  But since, unlike MikeD who apparently has every electronic communication gadget invented in the last half-dozen years, I will not have access to the blog, I will not record the daily entries until after the ride is completed. 

And ... for various reasons ... don't expect very many photos.  Just words.  And there might not be that many of those, either.

Anyway, I have scheduled this post to "publish" at 2 p.m. on Saturday, the 11th.  With luck, Dave and I will just starting to "sneak in a few miles" on Saturday to break up the originally planned 86-mile first day.  Actually, Mrs. Lt. Dave wants to camp at Otter Creek Saturday night instead of near Waynesboro, and ... what the cook suggests ... we do.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that your first day started well. I'm looking forward to reading next week about your successful adventures!

    ReplyDelete