Monday, September 20, 2010

Sep-19: Spinnin' on the "TT" Course

Decided to post this even though I have not yet finished the BRP ride post.  Having a lot of trouble with that BRP post.  Disliked the first version.  Second version was "okay at best", but the electro-gremlins ate the copy.  Working on the third version.  (See previous post.)

I think I'm having trouble writing the BRP post because no "angle" seems appealing.  And maybe because I'm trying to write for the "audience" instead of for me.  Usually comes out better when I write the posts for me. 

The BRP post has no consistent voice or tense.  Sometimes I write that way and it comes out better than just "okay".  Not this time.  Maybe I'm experiencing a post-ride let-down. 

I'll "finish" the BRP post, but in the meantime, there are other rides to document. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The usual "TT" course.  Could feel the BRP miles in my legs -- only gave my self one day between Cherokee and BJP.  Started really slow.  Then found some cadence.  I thought I was riding into a headwind on the outbound leg -- NOPE.  Last 10.2 miles took 33 min, 34 seconds ... instead of the hoped for 31 + minutes.

Oh, well.  I enjoyed the little spin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sep-19: 

BJP:  DocN-Kemp-Virgil; 29.6 m.; 1 hrs, 45 min in-motion time; 17.0 mph. 
 _ _ _ _(timed on my stopwatch because my cycle computer is currently defunct)

Q-1 tot: 16 rides; __938.2 m.; _60 hrs, 39 min; 15.5 mph.
Q-2 tot: 31 rides; 2,263.3 m.; 151 hrs, 29 min; 14.9 mph.
Ju1 tot: 13 rides; __786.9 m.; _52 hrs, 36 min; 15.0 mph.
Aug tot: _9 rides; __649.9 m.; _40 hrs, 45 min; 15.9 mph.
Sep tot: 10 rides; __650.6 m.; _50 hrs, 39 min; 12.8 mph.
YTD tot: 79 rides; 5,288.9 m.; 356 hrs, 15 min; 14.8 mph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment