Friday, March 22, 2024

Jul-10-2021: Pseudo R-B-R

My Excel log indicates that I did the following "route": 
  • to BayLeaf CVS, to PUE, then the R-B-R route, stopping at LowesFoods, and back to my HQ; 
  • 0538 start, 5h23 elapsed -- stops in Berea, Creedmoor, LowesFoods 
  • good for:  70.0-miles, with 4:53 in-motion, which gives 14.3-mph avg in-motion 
 
I don't know why I rode from my place to the Bay Leaf CVS. 
Was I expecting to meet someone there at 0600? 
 
I don't know why I then made note of stopping at PUE. 
Was I still looking to meet someone there just after 0600 (instead of at the CVS)? 
 
There is absolutely no hint of riding with another person on this day. 
 
Another question would be:  why didn't I do this ride on Jul-09, my birthday? 
Oh, I suddenly recall why I did this ride on Saturday instead of Friday-the-9th. 
At my part-time job at Lowes Foods, I filled in for a full-timer who was covering for another full-timer who was on vacation that week.  
 
Regardless, based on the notes in my Excel log, 
I left my abode at 0538, and would have left PUE at approx 0610 
To ride the core of the R-B-R route, arriving back at my hovel at 1101. 
Must have been a good ride. 
 
Having almost no knowledge of this ride, 
One might wonder why I bother to blog about it nearly 3 years later. 
Answer:  I have two photos I can publish: 
The timestamp on this turtle photo is 0735 -- which is 36-minutes before the timestamp of the following photo, which shows the front of the c-store in Berea.  36-minutes before Berea suggests that this turtle photo was taken on Brogden Rd just before reaching Stem.  [photo credit to me] 

I'm not sure that making this photo appear as "extra large" helps any, and might make things blurrier than they need be.  Anyway, this is the front of the Berea c-store, with the saddle of my trusty steed visible below the window.  Timestamp is 0811.  Based on previous estimates above, that would suggest that I rode the approx 28-miles from PUE to Berea in 2h01 (and that would include stops for some stop-signs and a couple stop-lights).  I'm thinking there may have been a southerly wind helping the pace to Berea; but that would then suggest a bit of a headwind coming back toward Raleigh.  A southwesterly wind makes sense for Jul-10 as around here, in the midst of summer, regardless the forecast, when the temperature climbs into the 80's and 90's, the wind invariably backs around to come from the southwest.  [photo credit to me] 
 
Not much of a story, but I will stick to it (as doing so allows me to publish those two photos (and then delete them from my laptop or other storage devices / locations)). 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment