Friday, March 22, 2024

Jul-16-2021: non-rando R-B-R

 R-B-R not re-activated, but I wanted to do the route as it is easy, yet serves as a training ride, and also is a decent way for me to measure my progress toward getting into shape or staying in shape. 
 
As noted in my Excel ride log: 
  • R-B-R test ride, start Strickland-6Forks, finish Honeycutt, 
  • 0452 start, 1003 finish,  5h11 elapsed 
  • 67.8-miles, 4:44 in-motion, meaning an avg 14.3-mph in-motion.  
 
A few photos: 
Although I snapped this photo on the return, it makes more sense to include in the outbound flow because one needs to use this pedestrian crosswalk when turning onto NC-56 when one is about to leave Creedmoor, but inbound that relatively new "road furniture" put in place because of the changes in how the roads intersect does not come into play. 
 

Sign to advertise the 275th anniversary of Granville County hanging from one of the buildings at the main "downtown" corner in Stem.  Yes; Granville County was established in 1746 when North Carolina was still a Crown Colony.  Timestamp 0642. 
 

When R-B-R was an active perm-pop, and before COVID, this was the preferred lunch stop on the "Denny's Store Sortie" 138k perm-pop, though the cue sheet and brevet/control cards indicated that the c-store "kitty corner" from this store was the control indicated as the "open control" in Berea.  On this ride, I noticed that this store, which had better lunch options, had not survived the COVID lockdowns.  Timestamp 0730 -- 2 hours, 38 minutes after starting the ride from my sleep quarters.  
 
Shoofly.  I often stop here to take a photo, but esp. if the day is hot and humid.  Timestamp 0759 -- i.e., 29 minutes after the above Berea photo.  It usually takes me 20-25 minutes in-motion from Berea to here.  I could gander a guess as to the dynamics of stopping in Berea and riding from Berea to Shoofly, but I just don't recall if I took the Berea photo on arrival or just before leaving; therefore, I'll not hazard any comments about the ride dynamics between Berea and Shoofly,  [I wonder how many more times I could refer to Berea and/or Shoofly before completing this photo caption.] 

  
Photos published, with significant captions, will be my story to which I will be sticking for this ride. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment