Friday, March 22, 2024

Jul-18-2021: non-rando "Denny's Store Sortie"

Cuz I always said / wrote / typed that the Denny's Store route was my favorite perm-pop. 
And to at least pretend that I was checking out the route for possible re-activation. 
And also, I knew that I would soon want to check out possible Mayo Lake routes, 
And that makes sense since 
The Mayo Lake route is simply the Denny's Store routes with a loop up to Mayo Lake. 
 
Following a pattern of reporting what is in my Excel ride log: 
  • essentially "Denny's Store Sortie" (but starting / finishing at my sleep quarters), 
  • 0504 start    --    overcast, some sprinkles, 
  • 93.4-miles in 6:24 in-motion meaning 14.6-mph avg in-motion (elapsed time unknown). 
 
Photos on the day: 
Statue of Vietnam era soldier at Butner Gazebo Park.  Timestamp 0636 -- so an hour-and-a-half after starting.  
 
Banner advertising the Granville County 275th Anniversary celebration.  The aforementioned statue in the background.  Timestamp also 0636. 
  
Turtle before "rescue" timestamped 0812.  Given the timestamp on the next photo, taken at the Allensville Store, I have to think that this turtle was warming itself on Old Allensville Rd approx one mile south of the Allensville corner.  [I "have" to rescue the turtles encountered, else my friend LML might skutch me out.] 
 
Timestamp 0824.  Allensville Store.  More of Lynn's "peeps" than ever seen before or since.  The 2nd or 3rd "peep" from the left edge did actually ask me about "that woman that used to ride up here with you."  If one were look through all the "Denny's Store" posts, I'm confident that other photos taken of men sitting on those benches would reveal which of the two it was that inquired.  In response to the inquiry, I gave a pretty good descriptive answer regarding Lynn.  Proof that if a cyclist will take the time to chat with locals, even locals that are quite over-sized, cyclists can make friends among the locals that will pass on positive messages about cyclists to the other "good ole boys" (regardless of ethnic background). 
 
Iconic photo location on the Denny's Store rides.  This is just about the perfect angle / background for Denny's Store photos.  Too bad it was mostly overcast.  Timestamp 0852. 
 
 
And that completes this photo-journalist post / story.  
And to make use of the oft used or modified tag line:  "I reckon I'll be sticking to the story." 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment