Thursday, March 21, 2024

Jun-05-2021: virtual "Bay Leaf - Oxford - Bay Leaf" perm-pop

BobB, IvaHawk, and I essentially did the ole "Oxford" 104-km perm-pop, except that the route had not been re-submitted / reactivated, and on the return, we diverged from what was the official route to include Philo White and Flat Rock roads.  Doing that added approx 1.8-miles and (according to RWGPS) 197 ft of climbing. 
 
I insisted on taking a photo at the Oxford BP station (turn-around). 
Bob on the left in a PacTour Route-66 jersey (that originally belonged to Richard Lawrence, RIP) and IvaHawk on the right in I-don't-recall-the-what/why of his jersey. 
 
 
I usually accuse of Bob of trying to intimidate me whenever he wears any of his PacTour kit.  He stifles a chuckle whenever I do that. 
 
My ride stats on the day: 
  • 5.7-mile commute in 24-minutes to the gathering at PUE. 
  • 66.5-miles in 4:47 in-motion for the "Oxford with Flat Rock: route.  
 
That's the story for this ride, which I only blogged in order to publish that photo. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment