Thursday, March 21, 2024

Jun-26-2021: Good-bye Hereford Rd

Typing this nearly three years after the fact, the only thing(s) I actually recall is visiting the site on Hereford Rd with the photos below.  And, now, nearly three years later, it appears that a decision has been made to essentially abandon Hereford Rd; that is, it appears that no effort will be made to repair the damage. 




As for the "path" - i.e., the route - that I rode to get to Hereford Rd that day, well, I don't recall any of the ride except for the decision as I climbed away from Falls Lake on Cheek Rd to detour onto Hereford and see what there was to see. 
 
However, this is what I recorded in my Excel ride log: 
  • joined the TLC group to Grissom + Creedmoor to FallsLake counter-clock to a friend's 
    • [that route seems a bit strange, but as I type this, I think I could re-create the route] 
  • 0800 start, 1334 at friend's, i.e.,  5h34 elapsed 
  • 64.5-miles, 4:43 in-motion, 13.7-mph avg pace while in motion 
Another boring / strange story, but I will be sticking with it. 
After all, the point was/is just to show WHY Hereford Rd was closed and remains closed. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment