Saturday, April 4, 2009

Apr-4: Snapper Scouting Mission

Apr-04:

PUE: 6F/NL-OWT to NC50-U turn-BeaverDam-BG-Woodlief-Purnell-NL-OWT-Whitt/BeaverDam to NC50-U turn-OWT-BD-BG-W'dlf-Purnell-NL-G-P-MVC; Snapper & Heath (but only for 1 loop of scouting), the Duke, Iceman, Iva; 52.8 miles, 3hr, 17min, 16.0 mph avg pace.

Jan tot: 2 rides, 96.0 m.; 6 hrs, 5 min, 15.8 mph.
Feb tot: 11 rides, 350.4 m.; 22 hrs, x min, 16.0 mph.
Mar tot: 7 rides, 308.9 m.; 19 hrs, 26 min, 15.9mph.
Apr tot: 2 ride, 78.2 m.; 4 hrs, 48 min, 16.3 mph.
YTD: 22 rides, 833.5 m.; 52 hrs, 17 min, 15.9 mph. 

Given that this was a "scouting" mission so that Snapper would be familiar with the roads of the upcoming BeaverDamTriathlon, how is it that he only did one scouting loop while most of us did two loop?  Heath rode back to PUE w/ Snapper, then Heath rode two loops of PUChRd-6F/NL-G-P-MVC; we serendipitously re-connected with Heath on Peed, just after the steep.  I'm think Heath may be in pretty good shape soon.

I thought about eating some lunch and then riding another 30 miles solo, but found I was quite tired.  (I can think of some people who are likely to read this that will laugh AT (not WITH) me for that comment).  Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I had to carefully study the course description at the top of this blog post.
    Third time through, I finally deciphered said description.

    I know that when I entered the cryptic descriptions of quite a few routes / blog posts back in the 2009 - 2010 time-frame, I thought the descriptions were such that I would never forget what was described. Hahaha -- LOL!

    With a little luck, here is a link to a RWGPS map of the course described at the top of this blog post: click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez.... times flies. Wish I still did.

    ReplyDelete