Sunday, October 11, 2009

Oct-11: Looking for Legs

Tired legs. But did not seem as tired as some previous times after "epic" rides. However, the stats seem to indicate that maybe I had "less legs" than I've ever had.

After approx nine-and-a-half miles I thought to myself: "self, I'll bet that I've avg'd about 14 mph so far." So I looked at the confuser -- 13.0 mph.

After that, the course flattened out and my speed picked up. And I was confident I was riding into a SW wind.

That was a delusion. When I turned around, I discovered to my disappointment that the wind was out of the north.

Spun my way back to MVC, up from the creek to Pleasant Union Ch Rd, and spun into the wind to get back to BJP. Enough riding. Maybe there will be legs in a day or two.

Oh, the cramps from yesterday did not recur and recur and recur like I have experienced in the past. That was good. Is good.

Oct-11:

BJP: Leesville / DocN U-turn: 24.9 m.; est 1062 ft climbed --> effort index = 35; 1hrs, 45min; 14.2 mph.

1st Qt. tot: 20 rides; 755.3 m.; 47 hrs, 31 min; 15.9 mph.
2nd Qt. tot: 43 rides; 2124.3 m.; 134 hrs, 59 min; 15.7 mph.
3rd Qt tot: 36 rides; 1947.2 m.; 121 hrs, 48 min; 16.0 mph.
Oct tot: 4 rides, 252.2m.; 16 hrs, 29 min; 15.3 mph.
YTD: 103 rides; 5079.2 m.; 320 hrs, 49 min; 15.8 mph.

Rolling 12-mos.: 123 rides; 5953.7 m.; 373 hrs, 27 min; 16.0 mph.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you were enjoying the nice, but cool, weather Sunday.

    That was not Jess, it was our friend, Julie (not JULEA!), very hard to keep them all straight. I don’t think you have met her, but she is training for B2B with us.

    As the time for the race gets closer, we are almost at our taper! One more week of training and we will be starting to back off a little on the training. Unfortunately, we haven’t had a lot of flexibility in our training schedule to ride with any groups. We’ve been doing speed work and time trial rides, so it’s been pretty hard to get in any true group rides. It will be nice during the winter and early spring to get in some regular group rides.

    Any residual injuries or are you all back to new?!

    Any news from Iva on Pinehurst?

    Take care…I can’t believe that you didn’t recognize that Jess wasn’t riding with me. Her feelings will be hurt! Ha ha ha!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got an e-mail from Jess in which she expressed "WOW" regarding riding the mountains / BRP near Asheville (I had forgotten - never really registered - that she was going west this weekend - the only reason I knew was because, you guessed it, she e-mailed asking if I knew of cue sheets for the Asheville area).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martin, No wonder you looked so dog tired on Sunday. After that ride on Saturday, I would have been tired, too! Also, you cannot put me in the same category as Little Jessy...she is terrible for begging for cue sheets! Get a massage and stretch those legs out this week! Melissa

    ReplyDelete