Monday, December 14, 2009

County Lines?

After Saturday's ride, Tito asked how many CL sprints I have managed to take this year during "irregular" rides.  (As I typed the previous sentence, a horrible thought came to me:  perhaps Tito was "having me on".)

I told him I didn't know, I usually have to trick the group, but there was the one legit head-to-head, even start sprint I took from LT.  Dave confirmed that one. 

Later, I recalled a few others.  Some are "documented" in this blog; some were "skated" over and are not even mentioned in the post for the ride.  And at least once I beat the Mallet to the Granville CL on Whitt Rd because I chased him down to make sure he knew to turn on Dove Rd, and not continue straight on Whitt (at least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it).  I remember the incident but not which ride; I suspect that the Mallet also remembers because he didn't let me get to that CL before him on the return journey from Stovall a couple weeks ago. 

The following, in reverse order, are CL "sprints" I managed to "take": 

Dec-12 Tito's Return, 1 of 2.  Thanks to Dave and Lee for the nice lead-out. 
Aug-12 Stagecoach Express, 1 of 7.  Read the parts about CL #3, 4 and 5.  It was fun.
Jul-4 Rushmore went to school, 4 of 5.  Anyone that knows us both knows I cannot "take" a legit CL from Rushmore.
Jul-3 Kerr Lake Loop, 1 of 3 (or 4, no one contested the first line of the day -- Warren CL). 
May-1 Mayhem with LT, 1 of 3.
Apr-4 Scouting Mission, 3 of 5.  I was bound and determined that the Iceman was not going to claim all the CLs that day, but no one else would contest them.  The two Paul took were not even on the original course, and he caught me napping.  (Same CL, btw, mentioned in connection with the Mallet, aka Paul #2.)

That makes 11 that are "documented", and the one from I-cannot-remember-which-ride, and I wasn't really trying to contest the CL, anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment