Thursday, October 4, 2012

Oct-03: Bahama Beach 103-km Perm-Pop

Humid.  Warm.
Someone else seemed to be doing the pedaling.
I failed to even glance at Lake Michie,
But I know the "beach" was under water.

Apparently too busy chatting to notice the scenery or valleys along Ellis Chapel Rd.
Apparently too busy chatting to notice anything on Roberts Chapel Rd.
I know there is an incline on Range Rd between RC Rd and Little Mountain Rd.,
But someone else was pedaling the bike and I didn't notice.

No recollection of Little Mountain Rd., either.
Neither the one particular house on the left,
Nor the valley and subsequent climb.
Clearly, someone else was pedaling the bike.

Leaving Stem, there is a two-mile whoosh downslope, then a bump-up to cross I-85,
Then another swoosh down and three climbs before Creedmoor.
At least, that's what there usually is.
But "today" it was all level ground -- someone else must have been pedaling the bike.

A stop in Creedmoor for some real food (Van's stops breakfast at 11, btw).
Digestion pace for the three-mile downslope from Creedmoor.
Two climbs to get to Pope Rd -- the second is easy -- the first is not,
Unless someone else is pedaling the bike.

There's a "sneaky" little climb on Horseshoe Rd -- it always gets the better of me.
Except when someone else is pedaling the bike.
Locals know there is a steep bit on Lawrence Rd,
But it's not steep if someone else is pedaling the bike.

Whomever was pedaling the bike
Apparently decided to fore-go a "time-trial" from Grissom to Ghoston.
Since someone else had pedaled the bike all ride,
I had plenty of legs to pedal up Ghoston, Peed, and MVC roads.

I think Mick was a little surprised when I stayed with him, or ahead,
On all three of the finishing climbs, instead of letting him go.
Oh, I let up slightly before the turn next to PUE,
But I knew I would pass Mick after the turn -- on the "Martin incline".

I had a satisfying ride.
Probably similar to the feeling Ian claims he gets after a long ride,
Even though someone else seemed to have done most of the pedaling on the day. 
I also enjoyed an extreme putz-along errand and commute ride back after the BB.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Oct-03:  

--> Bahama Beach 103-km perm-populaire --> Ricochet's -->; 92.2 m.; 6h23 in-motion; 14.4 mph; BB elapsed time:   5h22.  [That in-motion avg dropped SIGNIFICANTLY after the BB segment.]

Q-1 tot: _22 rides; 1,610.3 m.; 108h42; 14.8 mph; 1947 RUSA kms
Q-2 tot: _29 rides; 2,711.5 m.; 182h48; 14.8 mph; 2700 RUSA kms
Q-3 tot: _32 rides; 2,958.9 m.; 197h17; 15.0 mph; 2983 RUSA kms
Oct tot: __1 rides; ___92.2 m.; __6h23; 14.4 mph; _103 RUSA kms.
YTD tot: _84 rides; 7,372.9 m.; 495h10; 14.9 mph; 7733 RUSA kms.

No comments:

Post a Comment