Sunday, June 23, 2013

Jun-22: HicksBurro 205-km Perm

A couple minutes before our official 0700 start time, there was suddenly an unexpected presence saying, "I thought I'd swing in just to 'speak'."  Caught off-guard, it took me a moment to realize that the woman-with-no-knees was speaking to Ricochet Robert and me.

Finding my senses, I realized the face, etc. of the 'speaker.'
A very happy, smiling face!
Whether she was smiling because she was cycling-about, or
Because she had found some friendly-folks with which to 'speak,' I don't know.
I suspect both.

We invited the friendly, smiling, happy-faced person to ride along with us for a few miles.
She indicated that she was not fast.
"Ha," I thought.

On the road, I had to ask her, twice, to slow down.
She may not be "fast" by her old standards, but she is still a plenty fast rider (by my measure).

Ricochet and I each enjoyed chatting with our unexpected ride-along guest.
I think she enjoyed having someone(s) to chat with, also.

After the above, what more do I need to type about the ride Ricochet and I had?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will mention these:
  • two adult male peacocks and what looked to be a near full-sized chick, 
  • a black snake racing across the road close enough that I had to alter my course to avoid it, 
  • (at least) six deer scampering across the road a couple hundreds ahead of us, 
  • five mules standing next to a pond in a pasture, 
  • four burros in another pasture, 
  • we got sprinkle-rained upon twice (once when "no-knees" was with us and once late in the ride -- the latter lasted about half-an-hour), 
  • one annoying dawg, 
  • one very much a nuisance (or worse) long, yellow-haired dawg.  I may have to include a warning about this one.  Luckily, when Ricochet squirted water in its face, it left off bothering him.  Of course, he may have tired himself out as he had bothered me for a hundred yards or more, first.
That's my short story, and I'll be sticking to it.
=============================================== 
Jun-22

--> Road to Hicksboro 205-km Perm -->; 154.5 m.; 10h28 in-motion; 14.7 mph; Hicksboro elapsed time:  10h13. 

Q-1 tot: _11 rides; __940.3 m; _64h42; 14.5 mph; _1275 RUSA kms.
A-M tot: _13 rides; _1499.1 m; 104h13; 14.4 mph; _2061 RUSA kms.
Jun tot: __4 rides; __687.5 m; _47h05; 14.6 mph; __943 RUSA kms.
YTD tot: _28 rides; _3126.9 m; 216h00; 14.5 mph; _4279 RUSA kms.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment