Thursday, September 5, 2013

A New Way to SPAM? Or Spread Viruses?

A new way to Spam?
Or a new way to attack computers with viruses, etc.?

I received an email with the following message:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "May-08: Morrisville 400 km Brevet":

I truly love your wеbsіte.. Grеat сoloгs & theme.

Dіd yоu make this web site уourself?
Pleaѕе reply baсk аs I'm hoping to
create my oωn blog and would like to find out
ωheгe you got this from or exасtlу what the theme iѕ
cаllеd. Thanks! 

I have NOT included the last line of the email;
It included a link to a "weblog."

And here is an interesting thing:
There is NO comment on the indicated post,
Nor anywhere else, for that matter,
Duplicating the message in the email. 

How did the perp generate the email,
Appearing for all the world just the same as other emails informing of actual comments?

I don't trust that email.
I don't trust the link which I did not include above.

Based on where Blogger claims the recent pageviews were generated,
The email appears to have come from someone, or some computer, located in France.

Given that the Cluster Map indicates no visits from France,
I suspect an automated computer searching for gullible folks to infect.

I wonder if any other bloggers will have gotten a similar message.

No comments:

Post a Comment