Monday, March 31, 2014

Mar-22: Leesville-Leasburg-Leesville 205

I was going to do my 210k Egypt Mtn route, but
Byron posted for a Triple-L adventure.

Contacting B, he agreed to let me ride if I kept to his glacial pace.
Ha!
You certainly must know what happened.
Byron had to repeatedly wait for me.
While MikeD and Lynn drifted off our front wheels between each set of outbound controls.

We, okay, I finally managed to convince Mike that the two of them should just ride-on,
Without us,
As I had struggled the entire first half of the ride and the return might get quite ugly.

I admit I didn't struggle the whole ride.
Red Mill Rd outbound, and Old-75 and Red Mill inbound, were fun.

But anything with an UP or into the wind,
Were struggles for me.

Byron is an interesting ride partner.
Sometimes he is part of the fast-crew.  Sometimes not.
He is usually quite quiet.  But this ride he was quite talkative.

That latter was to my advantage.
It kept me from dwelling on my struggles,
And kept the ride interesting.

What did Byron and I (mostly Byron) chat about?
The list would include:
  • The course.
  • Previous rides on the course.
  • Ricochet Robert.
  • Geof.
  • The wind.
  • Byron's 4-year-old son.
  • Previous LIFE experiences.
  • And more.

All in all, it was a good day to have been on the bike.
Thanks, Byron.
--------------------------------------------------------
Eddington Cycling Number:
After this ride:  110.
Meaning that I have completed at least 110 different rides that were at least 110 miles long.

No comments:

Post a Comment