Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Jun-26: Road to Dickerson with Turtle Rescue 104

Dickerson outbound. 
[The sign does indicate Dickerson, even though it is unreadable in this photo.
All photos by me.]

Turn-around control. 

Dickerson homewardbound. 

I came across a character that perhaps would appreciate human intervention. 
I knew that LynnL would appreciate said intervention. 
So I took before and after "rescue photos". 
I sent the "before" photo to Lynn. 
She responded, "rescue it!" 
I sent the second photo. 

It was a good ride. 
Much of it felt as if there was "no chain." 
I backed off my effort the last 21-kms or thereabouts, 
So that I would be able to function the rest of the day. 
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

I snagged my quickest official rando elapsed time on this course since November-2015. 
 
Permanent Route Name / #Distance Date Finishers DNF
NC: Bay Leaf - Oxford - Bay Leaf / 2259 104 2017/06/26 1 0
Cert# RUSA# Name Club / ACP Code Time
RUSA-T72896 6218  S__, Martin  Randonneurs USA / 933095  04:39 

However, I figure that my next ride will be at my recent usual sloggy-slow pace. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment