Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Feb-02: Raleigh-Berea-Raleigh 109

I wasn't going to blog this ride, but I thought of an amusing angle.

If you are reading this, you may realize that I have quite substantial memories of my Jan-05 brevet.
You may also realize that I recall very little of my Jan-23 perm-pop.
And continuing the trend, I recall nothing of this Saturday ride, with its 0800 start time.
Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.

Looking at my Excel log, we used the standard route at the beginning and to finish.

And coming in the flattest way, Six Forks to Strickland to the shopping center,
Certainly suggests that I wanted to avoid the extra climbs of a Honeycutt finish.

The Excel log also notes that Bob and I ate lunch at Fireside Subs after the ride.

And then I rode the half-mile to my abode.
Coasted more like it, since there is a gentle down-slope the entire way.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
--> R-B-R 109, with Strickland start and finish --> ; 68.8-miles; 5h11 in-motion; 13.3 mph; RBR rando elapsed time:  5h42

No comments:

Post a Comment