Thursday, October 17, 2019

Sep-27: RBR 109, Again

The only real reason for blogging this ride is that when I completed it,
It was my second fastest in-motion ride of the year.
[As I type this on Oct 15th, it is still my second fastest in-motion ride of the year.]

Further, it made my four fastest rides of the year concentrated in the 14 days of
Sep-13 through this ride on Sep-27.
Evidence that if I actually get off my duff and ride semi-regularly
That I do get in shape (or is it mental condition) to go faster?

2:11 in-motion within 2h12 elapsed to the turn-around control in Berea.
Seven minutes at the control -- no photo in Berea.
2:11 in-motion in 2h17 elapsed on the return.
The down-time being because I stopped in Creedmoor to take a photo.
Without my magnifiers / readers, it is difficult to see exactly what is in the camera's view.  Clearly this is lopsided and I missed some of the front of the restaurant.  Interestingly, while off the roadway, putting the phone back in its ziplock and then into the (hopefully) secure place on me or the bike while I'm riding, some jerk walked by and insulted me.  I'm not sure what he said, but the tone was quite ugly.

Total 4:22 in-motion in 4h36 elapsed for the 68.1-mile ride.
Avg pace in-motion  =  15.6-mph.
Pleased, I was.  And am.

11th RBR so far this year.
If I had been "serious" about pursuing any km-accumulation goal,
I probably would have ridden RBR about 30 times by this time of the year -- maybe even more.

11 RBR rides so far this year, with an average elapsed time of 5h04.
Last year I completed 11 RBR rides with an average elapsed time of 5h04.
Total 28 career RBR rides for an average elapsed time of 5h05.

As I indicated at the start, the only reason for blogging this ride
Was to put into print my second fastest in-motion ride of the year (so far).
Also to note that my 4 fastest in-motion rides of the year are in the two weeks ending with this ride.

Lame story, but I'll be sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment