Saturday, November 7, 2009

Beach 2 Battleship Half-Iron

If I have my information correct, today, 4 "irregulars" participated in the B2B Half-Iron:  Snapper, BigWaveDave, Little Jessie and Melissa. 

As of this posting, we have no information on their respective races.  When we have some info, this blog will "embarrass" them a little and post their results here. 

Currently, I am predicting that Snapper, Wave and Jessie swam like fish. 
And Melissa put in an heroic effort in the water. 


One question comes to mind: 
Did Snapper accomplish his year-long goal of 20+ mph on the bike leg? 
I know I did my part -- I promised I'd "dedicate" three rides to helping make him faster, or stronger. 

Dec-14-2008: 
I kicked his ass on the return on BR # 2 back to Youngsville. 
I like repeating this feat because . . . let's be serious . . . how often do you think I can figure on "putting a hurting on him" in the future? 
(Gosh, I was sure I had written up the incident where I was able to "put a hurtin'" on Snapper and the Iceman simultaneously, but I guess I haven't put a version of that story on the blog.  Oh, well, just ask me sometime, I give you a thrilling description -- well, a description.)

Oct-17-2009
Hurdle Mills 200k.  To make him stronger. 
(I didn't promise to lead him on fast rides.)

Sep-12-2009
Eaton Rd 100k:  A hilly little tester.  With front-loaded hills. 
(Again, I didn't promise to lead, or go fast, did I?)

Feb-14-2009
A short, fast (for me) ride in which I gave Snapper and the Mallet the opportunity to lead us all at a fast pace through the chilly temps. 

Hmmn.  At least 4 efforts.  I would make another obnoxious statement here, but that might be overkill. 


A second question comes to mind: 
How can BigWaveDave expect "irregular" rides to help him set personal speed or strength records. 
We all know I don't ride fast enough for "speed practice", and
Wave never showed for any "epic" 80 or 100-mile nor for a 200k rides? 
What to do with him? 


Not to leave out the women: 
Other than to note that they NEVER deign to ride with us, and
that Little Jessie is an expert cue sheet mooch,
I just can't bring myself to harass them. 
It would help if I had any ammunition.


Fearsome Foursome:  Let us know your results. 

2 comments:

  1. Well, just to set the record straight, Melissa did more than give a heroic effort on the swim, she finished it like the fishy she is in 35 minutes! Even with the tree jumping legs of hers!

    ... Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mel swam her little heart out..oh and she kicked major ass on the bike and run. She had one hell of a race.

    I was happy with my swim..27:04 and 1st female out of the water for the relay women.

    19 days until the big race in mexico. My taper has officially started !

    Little Jessie

    ReplyDelete