Sunday, June 26, 2011

Jun-26: Tired? Ride Anyway.

It was too nice not to ride.

I had run out of steam with 10 miles to go on the "core ride" on Saturday ...
But still went on to finish the "core" ... and ride another 20 miles.
Just not as fast.

Tired.
Also some ___ distress Saturday evening led to a decision of ...
"I think I'll pass on riding Sunday."

But, once I laid me down to sleep ...
There were no more ... issues.
And I awoke Sunday feeling pretty good.

But I didn't start riding until nearly 1000.
(Some people are double and triple-checking the above line.)
It was too nice not to ride.

A cooling, northwesterly breeze held sway until 1400 or so.
Then the wind seemed to start shifting toward a more southerly direction.

Fun putz-around ride today.
Slow when I felt slow.
A bit faster when I felt that.
And riding downslope on Coley into the breeze felt very nice.

I also decided to explore Andrews Chapel Rd.
A one-mile dead-end through a bit of ruralania
Still wedged between Raleigh, Durham and Briers Creek.
A pleasing vista or two.

Definitely worth a side-trip to see before it disappears.
(For the locals:  North end is near the corner of Carpenter Pond and Leesville roads.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jun-26:

---> BJP-Coley-AndrewsChpl-Coley  --->; 54.6 m.; 3h,36m in-motion; 15.1 mph.

Q-1 tot: _23 rides; _1822.2 m.; 123 hrs, 05 min; 14.8 mph.
Apr tot: __7 rides; __793.8 m.; _52 hrs, 28 min; 15.1 mph.
May tot: _10 rides; __894.1 m.; _63 hrs, 45 min; 14.7 mph.
Jun tot: _12 rides; __903.0 m.; _60 hrs, 09 min; 15.0 mph.
YTD tot: _52 rides; _4413.1 m.; 296 hrs, 33 min; 14.9 mph.
 _  

No comments:

Post a Comment