Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Jul-04: Kerr Lake Loop 208 km Permanent

Independence Weekend Fitness Test -- Stage 3 of 3
Fitness Test went KAPUT -- Robert had a "life conflict" come up.
Or the heat from Stage 2 got to him.
Or something.

I wanted the kilometers.
I rode.
Solo.
It got hot enough that the breeze / wind felt as if from a blast furnace.
I recalled my L-L-L from July-2010.
Except it wasn't quite THAT hot.
And I knew that I would finish.
All I had to do was keep the pedals going around, and take a few, short breaks.

Peace Mountain (sometimes known as "Stovall Mountain"):
I actually noticed the mountain-esque cattle pasture valley(s) on the way to the steep.
I went up the steep in the 30/25 granny,
But ... I did NOT have to pedal very hard!?  :-O  :-)

Could it be I'm in better shape?
Could it be that "taking it easy" for the first 100 KLL miles made a difference?
Could it be because I've lost so much weight?
(But I haven't lost very much weight since last month.)
Probably it was because my legs were so tired they couldn't feel anything.

Whatever the reason ... when I realized I had crested the climb ... big internal smile for me.
Even if I collapsed in the last 30 miles of KLL, or failed to make it back home ...
The ride and the weekend were a success.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw on the RUSA results that MikeD and LynnL did his Black Creek perm on the 4th.
Wish they had done KLL instead.
Then I could have drafted them after they caught me.
Yeah ... drafted for all of about ... 10 feet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jul-04:

---> Kerr Lake Loop 208  km Permanent --->; 154.5 m.; 10h,45m in-motion; 14.4 mph; rando elapsed clock time: 11h,00m (KLL is about 131 miles of the total miles indicated).

Q-1 tot: _23 rides; _1822.2 m.; 123 hrs, 05 min; 14.8 mph.
Apr tot: __7 rides; __793.8 m.; _52 hrs, 28 min; 15.1 mph.
May tot: _10 rides; __894.1 m.; _63 hrs, 45 min; 14.7 mph.
Jun tot: _13 rides; __917.0 m.; _61 hrs, 01 min; 15.0 mph.
Jul tot: __3 rides; __408.6 m.; _27 hrs, 42 min; 14.7 mph.
YTD tot: _56 rides; _4835.7 m.; 325 hrs, 10 min; 14.9 mph.
  _

1 comment:

  1. Martin, Congratulations to you and RRtRR on this accomplishment. Back to back to back 200Ks. I know RRtRR did "only" two. Even one is impressive in the non-rando population.

    ReplyDelete