Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Barry replies to "Irregular" Story Vignette

Sent: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 1:56 pm 

Greetings from Barry the Who in Who-ville. 

I have been going though a bout of withdrawals lately, the doctor said that it was caused by cruel and unusual treatment, so accept my absence as doctors orders. 

Anyway, I have taken my bike apart, and painted it.  I am waiting for the last coat to dry before applying the clear coat.  Then if the doctor gives me the ok for more cruel and totally unacceptable treatment, I will return with a new looking bike.  I have painted the bike off white, and I am flirting with the idea of putting a sticker like the P-40 aircraft, you remember the one's that you guys had in WWII, Martin, it had the tiger's mouth and eyes on front.  That way I can pick off the other unfortunate riders that fall behind Martin the Hun. 

What did you finally decide to use as your call sign?  I see that you have assigned everyone one but yourself.

My vote is for Mart-Hun.  What do you think?  Or Boxerman, Mart the wet sprocket??

Mar-tinman, Tin-man, I like that. 

What did the tin man want anyway, brains, heart, no, that was the lion.  No the scarecrow wanted brains, what did the Tin man want?  It will come to me, I am 58 now, and the brain doesn't work very well anymore either. 

So if the doctor thinks that I can take the abuse, I will see you guys around All Fools Day.  Fitting don't you think? 

I am doing the Tri in Wrightsville Beach this September, hope that you guys will again. 

And I hope that you all have been doing well,
Barry the Who 


A quick reply from me: 

Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 6:15 pm 

I don't believe in assigning one's own nick.  That is for others.  BigWaveDave had a list of 4 for me when I claimed none. 

No comments:

Post a Comment