Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A longer reply to "Who"

Sent: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 6:58 pm

I had forgotten that you had mentioned you were getting a new paint scheme on your bike.

Will it be faster now that it is off-white instead of black? 

Get to training, old friend.  The Tinman has less heart than he used to.  ;-)  BigWaveDave and Snapper accused me of giving no quarter a few weeks ago (and all I did was slowly ride through where they had stopped at the top of a short climb waiting for me).  (Actually, the didn't use "no quarter"; they used a different phrase that means the same thing, but my failing memory is unable to recall the correct phrase.)


Ebeneezer


[I pointed out to BigWaveDave and Snapper that Ebeneezer was too hard to type. Couldn't they shorten it to Eb or Zeb. Then it would be sort-of similar to one of the Cockney rhyming slang words -- those that knew the rhyme knew the meaning, and those that didn't, didn't. And it is a lot easier for my old fingers to type.]

No comments:

Post a Comment