Monday, March 30, 2009

Mar-29: Ride the Wind

Apologies to my friend for "stealing" the title of her blog for the title of yesterday's ride / this post.  (I think she will understand.)

Forecast was for warm with SW wind 15-25 mph, with gusts.  I think the meteorological people got it right.

Mar-29:

PUE:  Norwood-VctCh-Kemp-Boyce-MVC-Nor-PT all the way to the very bottom-U turn-PT-RR-Koupela-Honeycutt-Durant-Brassfield-Hardee-Bingham(?)-PT-Nor; w/ Dave-ntW; 41.4 miles, 2hrs, 41min, 15.4 mph avg pace.

Jan tot: 2 rides, 96.0 m.; 6 hrs, 5 min, 15.8 mph.
Feb tot: 11 rides, 350.4 m.; 22 hrs, x min, 16.0 mph.
Mar tot: 6 rides, 279.3 m.; 17 hrs, 39 min, 15.8 mph.
YTD: 19 rides, 725.7 m.; 45 hrs, 44 min, 15.9 mph. 

All in all, a reasonable effort to "sweat-out" the last bit of my head / chest cold. Dave & I decided to "stay local" and do a mini-hill-fest, hoping that the hills would help the trees shield us from some of the wind.  Reasonably successful at that; but there was no avoiding the wind riding southerly on Possum Track, or westerly on Norwood.

I "dropped" Dave somewhere on PossumTrack heading for the finish.  I didn't know until I turned onto Norwood and there was no Dave on my wheel.  Seemed strange as he is a stronger climber.  But I quickly decided that I was not going to go look for him and have to ride UP PossumTrack into the WIND again.  Turned out he had a flat.  Otherwise, NO WAY I could have "out-climbed" him.

No comments:

Post a Comment