Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Apr-19: Possum Track(ing)

Possum Tracking
or
Return From Broken Spoke (see previous post re:  "Broken Spoke")
or
Putzing in the Housing Developments Near Falls Lake
or
Roller Coasting in the Housing Developments

Started easy, thinking I was in the 39/15 gearing.
Figuring I'd do a faux single speed ride in that gear.
That would be satisfying and have a training effect.

Then I noticed I was in the 39/17.
Okay, I'll do a faux single speed in that gear.
That will be satisfying and have a training effect.
And be easier on all the short, sharp inclines.

Thinking of many things after 20.5-miles,
But not shoes nor ships nor sealing wax nor ...
And certainly not thinking of the riding,
While on a 1% false-flat incline,
I instinctively shifted to a faster gear.
Immediately silently exclaiming "aargh!"
"There goes my single speed ride."
So I determined to finish the ride in the 39/15.
And I did succeed in that.

I won't try to describe the course,
Nor list the roads in the order ridden.
(I probably can't recall them, anyway.)

32.7-miles. 2:34 in-motion. 2h42 elapsed.
 
V-50 #4.
At the very bottom of Possum Track Road.  [photo credit:  me]
maybe shoulda' cropped this photo?  [photo credit:  me]

No comments:

Post a Comment