Friday, March 5, 2021

Feb-25, 26, 28: More Errand Rides

As noted previously, in prior years I never bothered to record my short errand rides (even up to 8-miles in length) in my Excel log, let alone blog those rides.  However, most of my cycling of late has been short, ~ 3.2-mile round trips to a friend's to help with chores or "chores" or deal with some health insurance claims paperwork; therefore, although perhaps not totally thought out, I decided to start recording and blogging those short rides.  [I could have, perhaps should have, recorded the same rides that I did the first week of January, when I sometimes did multiple round-trips on the same day, but I hadn't thought of recording or blogging them at that time.] 
 
 
Feb-25 
  • -> friend's ->    (exchange some papers re:  Duke Hosp stuff) 
  • ~ 4pm +,  1.62-m each way,   8m28s going,   8m,04s returning 
  • standing all the way 
  • 3.2-miles total, almost all on sidewalks.    ~ 16-minutes.    11.6-mph.  
 
Feb-26 
  • -> friend's ->   (exchange papers re:  Duke  +  get cooler from shed) 
  • ~ 9am +,  1.62-m each way,   8m40s going,   8m,12s returning 
  • standing all the way
  • 3.2-miles total, almost all on sidewalks.    ~ 16-minutes.    11.4-mph. 
 
Feb-28 
  • -> friend's ->   (put box-fan in crawl-space) 
  • ~ 2pm,  1.62-m each way,   8m18s going,   8m,12s returning 
  • standing all the way
  • 3.2-miles total, almost all on sidewalks.    ~ 16-minutes.    11.6-mph. 

 

If I would blog these as they happen, I would have a few words regarding conditions and sometimes cars blocking the sidewalk in one or more places; but although those words would make these blog posts more interesting, those words aren't all that important.  What I hope is important is that although these rides are very short, they may be helping to keep me in some kind of cycling shape that I can use as a base to train-up for the April 200 brevet, and the May 300 brevet.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment