Sunday, December 6, 2020

Aug-01: No-Name Ride

First, a link to previous August 1st rides that have been blogged:  ... turns out there are NONE. 
Oh, I've ridden on August 1st previously, but I never blogged said August 1st rides. 
The closest I apparently have come to blogging an August 1st ride was this (click here). 
Scroll down to the third "paragraph" after the "bridge gone" photo. 
There is a mention and some text and stats from my Excel log. 
 
Second, as I type this on December 5th, I recall nothing from this August 1st ride. 
So why am I bothering to blog the ride? 
That will be explained at the end. 
 
Third, some information from my Excel log: 
  • the course:   -> 6Forks-MVC-Coley-Baptist-Virgil-Norwood-6Forks ->  52.3-miles  
  • "misc" info:  0625 start, solo,   3h44 elapsed    --    77 - 86 F (93 heat index)  
  • 3:41 in-motion, avg 14.2-mph  (5th fastest ride of the year (at that time))  
 
Fourth and last, why did I bother to type anything for this ride? 
3:41 in-motion within 3h44 elapsed. 
I.e., only 3 minutes of pausage time!
All of which would have been because of several stop-lights and a few stop-signs / traffic.
Meaning I didn't actually stop in the middle of the ride. 
 
--------------------------------------------------  
For kicks, I drew a RWGPS map and you can see it if you click on the course link. 
Note that I drew the route starting/finishing at a public place approx a mile from my abode. 
The RWGPS map indicates 1931 ft of climbing, add in the climbing to get to the RWGPS map, 
Total climbing approx 2000 feet in 52.3 miles.  I.e., not the flattest route one might find. 
 
Note also that I didn't detail every road in the Excel log (I don't need every road to understand the course). 
[At least not now.  Ten years from now, it might be a different story.]  
 
-------------------------------------------------- 
Later on that day, a friend sent me a video. 
So, I'm going to try to insert said video here as an experiment. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment